Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Panasonic KX TW201 landline telephone No SIM card error

njg1225
2: Seeker

I've had my Vodafone landline Panasonic KX TW201 for about 5 or 6 years without incident.

Immediately following a call the other day, upon hanging up I got the error message that there is No SIM Card.   Well, of course there is, I was just using it!   

I've searched forums and the only suggestion Ive found so far is to clean the connections with a soft cloth which I have done to no effect.  

Any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi again

It sounds like the SIM card has given up the ghost.  All you need to do is pop into your local Vodafone store and they will provide you with a new SIM card.  They will also activate it for you so that your number moves across - don't worry as there is no charge for doing this!

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

njg1225

Are there any pros monitoring this forum?

I've had no landline phone for a week now.

drey_p

Hi there

It could indicate a faulty SIM or a faulty handset.  Try the SIM in another phone to see if it works.  Also, try another SIM in your handset just to be sure that it isn't the problem.

Part of the issue is that the handset is old and because of that, there is very little support available. Also, I don't believe that it was a handset that Vodafone stocked (although I could be wrong on that)

PWIAC

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have put another Vodafone SIM in the handset and it appears to work OK, suggesting that the SIM is at fault.

I can't try the handset´s SIM in another device because I dont have anything else with Vodafone, but despite that it looks like the SIM at fault.

Do I just go to a Vodafone shop and ask for a replacement???

This is a Vodafone handset, but as you say, it is very old.  I think I've had it at least 6 years.  

drey_p

Hi again

It sounds like the SIM card has given up the ghost.  All you need to do is pop into your local Vodafone store and they will provide you with a new SIM card.  They will also activate it for you so that your number moves across - don't worry as there is no charge for doing this!

PWIAC