You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
akcron

Really how long to unlock a G300 truth please.

Hello all.

As in the title on Wednesday the 11th of July I asked for my G300 to be unlocked, I was given a reference code and told it would be 3 working days at the most.

Well it is still locked not received the code. I have spent over £10 on calls several visits to Vodaphone stores as I was told they could do it straight away in store( they all said they could not) and several exchanges with the people on the live support line.

The last one several hours ago when I was promised it would be done tonight and would receive a email to tell me how to do it within minuets of the end of the conversation.

Needless to say again nothing. So someone tell me the truth how long does it really take and why do I keep getting fobbed off?

Message 1 of 10 (4,284 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Really how long to unlock a G300 truth please.

Hi akcron,

Thanks for your post here.

I can’t see any details against your email address for the NUC request however, if you can let me know the reference number I will be able to see what is happening for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 10 (4,242 Views)
akcron

sent you a PM James thanks.

Message 3 of 10 (4,237 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
mrandroid

Took 5 mins to get mine done.
Message 4 of 10 (4,149 Views)
RKAUSHAL

I bought a G300 to replace my contract phone (damn 2yr contracts), requested unlock code which I was told is FOC as contract customer, but would take 3 working days, 5 working days and still nothing.

I called yesterday and was told request has been sent and Huawei have not responded, so they will see if they could send chaser.

Have seen another person state it takes around 6wks which is a problem, as I am flying out on holiday in 2 wks & need my phone to use with local sim card.

If the 6wks case is true I would be happier if Vodafone CS told me this so that I can arrange for another phone.

RKaushal
Message 5 of 10 (3,907 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi RKaushal,

Thanks for posting. Network Unlocking Code timescales vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so if we don't have the NUC on file, we're at the mercy of their timescales I'm afraid. If you'd like my team to check on the status of your request for you, feel free to follow the instructions I've sent down to you via private Message. You can find your PM inbox here. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 6 of 10 (3,887 Views)
RKAUSHAL

Ben,

There is nothing in my inbox.

Thanks
Message 7 of 10 (3,839 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi RKAUSHAL

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.:smileyembarrassed:

I have now resent this for you to follow.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

Message 8 of 10 (3,835 Views)
RKAUSHAL

NUC received yesterday & phone now unlocked.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Rkaushal
Message 9 of 10 (3,656 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi RKAUSHAL

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form on how our team dealt with your query?

You can do so here

Thanks

Wayne

Message 10 of 10 (3,544 Views)