Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Regarding LG G2

DomC
2: Seeker

Hello everyone!

I am thinking of buying LG G2 from Carphone Warehouse as an additional connection for my already-existing Vodafone account. I was wondering whether I would qualify for Oursourcer's Discount or does it have to be a direct purchase from Vodafone?

In other news, it is absolutely devastating that Vodafone decided not to stock this wonderful handset. Boo!

13 REPLIES 13

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi DomC,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Outsourcer's Discount'?

The only discount Vodafone offer are 10% Student Discount and up to 20% on the Employee Advantage Programme. Both discounts require you purchase the device and line directly from Vodafone either online, over the phone or through a retail store.

If you are purchasing the device on contract it would be down to Carphone Warehouse to set up the new line and your choice of tariff, Vodafone won't be able to interfere in this process.

Nabs

hrym

It might also be a bit complicated getting the device on the same Vodafone account, if that's what you're trying to do.  In that case, the best way might be to take out a SIM only contract and buy the phone SIM free.  The overall cost would probably be more, so take a calculator with you!

Outsourcer's discount I am regarding to is a 50% off line rental exclusively available to Voda's partners, e.g. Stream (previously LBM).

hrym

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that.  Would you be better off approaching the outsourcer directly?   If you're an outsourcer yourself, do you have an account manager or similar you can ask?

DomC
I am an outsourcer myself and I doubt they'll know it for sure. However, Outsourcer's Discount Ts & Cs Section 6 states: "Discount is only applicable to contracts purchased via Vodafone Stores and the eShop on www.vodafone.co.uk. Or as otherwise advised by Vodafone from time to time." So what I am curiuos about is what this "advised by Vodafone from time to time" means, and who do I speak about this 'exception'?

Nabs

I guess you will need to speak with whoever provided you with the T+C's

I can't find these in the list of standard vodafone.co.uk T+C's so it must be something specific to outsourcers.

hrym

If Vodafone don't supply the device directly, my guess would be that you can't do it.  I suspect the best you'll be able to do is add a SIM only contract and then buy the device separately.  It might be worth costing whether it's cheaper to pay for it SIM free or buy it on a basic Vodafone contract, but then put the SIM-only SIM into it.

At the risk of stating what Basil Fawlty would refer to as "the bleedin' obvious", the total cost of that would be (cost-of-contract-dealxlength-in-months+any-upfront-cost)  If all that comes out at less than a SIM-free handset, it's worthwhile.

(I think I've got that formula right!)

DomC
I've worked out the price difference between getting a phone on a contract and getting a sim free phone + taking out a SIMO contract. This is what I've got: 1) LG G2 24 month £34 per month. If you add 50% discount it would come out as 24 months x £17 (£34 -50%) = £408 2) LG G2 Sim Free £440 + 24 months SIMO x £15.50 (£31 -50%) = £812 So it's £408 vs £812, nearly double the price... P.S. I found employee.accounts@help.vodafone.co.uk and will email them regarding this later today. I really hope this goes through in my favour.

hrym

All, I can say now is "good luck". Oh, and well done on finding an email address!

I'm not sure whether you'll be able to get 50% on the whole deal - I was working on the basis of the SIMO part only as that's what's coming direct from Vodafone.  A £31-a-month (undiscounted) SIM only deal gets you one heck of a lot of data.  Would you be better off with a multi-SIM deal, if they're still available, sharing your overall data package over more than one handset?