Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Saving on micro SD memory card -Smart 4 Power

Leetax
3: Seeker
How can I direct my phone to save everything on my micro SD card instead of phones direct internal memory.

Notice my phone's memory keeps getting full whilst memory card is virtually empty!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've used a Smart 4 Power and, as far as I remember, there's an option in the main Settings menu to save photos, downloads, etc direct to the card.   Depending on which version of Android it has, you should also be able to move some apps to the card too.   You can move content manually by using the built-in file manager app (look in the app drawer) as well.

I wa actually very impressed by the way the phone integrated the card into the main memory pool all by itself.   And, yes, do have a look at the full manual.  It has a lot more information than the little Getting Started guide.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Leetax 

You can see how to manage your storage and free up internal storage in the User manual under the FAQs.

DaveCD

hrym

I've used a Smart 4 Power and, as far as I remember, there's an option in the main Settings menu to save photos, downloads, etc direct to the card.   Depending on which version of Android it has, you should also be able to move some apps to the card too.   You can move content manually by using the built-in file manager app (look in the app drawer) as well.

I wa actually very impressed by the way the phone integrated the card into the main memory pool all by itself.   And, yes, do have a look at the full manual.  It has a lot more information than the little Getting Started guide.

Leetax
Under storage in device system it is still not clear how to move all items to SD card

hrym

Go into Settings|Apps and open each one in turn.  There'll be a button to do it on the ones that are compatible.

Leetax
It's still frustrating that you cannot get the software to download ALL directly to SD card and bypass the puny inadequate internal memory supplied.
Yours truly fed-up getting returned: "Error due to insufficient memory."

Leetax
Could not see "how to manage storage" in the user manual

hrym
There isn't an option to install apps directly to the card in Android. This is because not all of them are compatible. You need to move those that are individually. There is an option under Storage (as I remember it) to set some default locations, mostly photos and downloads.

Any options will be under the relevant sections of the manual. There isn't an umbrella one, as far as I'm aware.

When I was using this device, I seem to remember it doing a lot of this for itself and I had about 20 apps installed on the device but storing their data on the card. All other content was on the card.