Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
EuanP123

Sim Block

I have a moto krzr and my friend was muckin around with it and gave it back and ran of -- i opened the lid thingy and it said "sim blocked" help?
Message 1 of 12 (7,268 Views)
Rank 48: Master II
AnnS

Sim Block

I have a moto krzr and my friend was muckin around with it and gave it back and ran of -- i opened the lid thingy and it said "sim blocked" help?

Oh dear, Not much you can do now apart from getting a replacement SIM. Pop into your friendly Vodafone store and they will give you a replacement SIM which will, of course, have the same number.
Ann
Message 2 of 12 (7,268 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Daz_V

Sim Block

Hey there EuanP123 - and welcome to the eForum! :P

That does sound like a predicament. Is it asking for a PUK code? If not, the SIM is indeed blocked and will need a replacement. I'll send you an email shortly to get in touch and send you another SIM out.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Daz

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 12 (7,268 Views)
shortstufflai

Sim Block

hi my sim has also been blocked and i only have one more try left or something ):
could i possibly get the PUK code too?
i've tried to register but it says that they sent me a security code but the sim im using is blocked so i cant get to it.
please help !
Message 4 of 12 (7,268 Views)
Rank 48: Master II
AnnS

Sim Block

hi my sim has also been blocked and i only have one more try left or something ):
i've tried to register but it says that they sent me a security code but the sim im using is blocked so i cant get to it.
please help !

If the phone is saying SIM blocked then the PUK code wont help, its only used when you have entered the incorrect security code into the handset. You will need a new SIM card.
Ann
Message 5 of 12 (7,268 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Sim Block

please help !

Hi shortstufflai,

I'm afraid AnnS has a point here. You may well need to replace the SIM card. Tell me, does the handset ask you for a PUK code?

If not then you definitely need a new SIM, and you can pick one of these up from your local store, or we can order one for you but delivery will be by Royal Mail and may take up to 5 working days.

If you'd like us to order you one, then reply to my email with your details, otherwise just pop into your local store for a replacement.

If your handset DOES ask for the PUK, then reply to the email.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 6 of 12 (7,268 Views)
shortstufflai

Sim Block

thanks for replying.
and yes my phone does ask for the PUK code and sorry i cant reply to your email yet because my browsers acting up and wont let me access it. but if you can help just for now that would be helpful but i'll reply to the email as soon as it lets me.
Message 7 of 12 (7,268 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Sim Block

Hi shortstufflai,

I'm afraid I cannot help you at this juncture as we have no way of contacting you other than by email. The email is sent to gain security information from you so we can ascetain who you are then the PUK code would be communicated with you.

The only other option is for you to contact customer services at your earliest convenience maybe by using a friend or family member's handset?

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 8 of 12 (7,268 Views)
kevsrs

Re: Sim Block

Hi,

My nephew has blocked his sim also and will need a replacement.

Trouble is i got him a payg and no details are registered with vodafone. How will i get a replacement as there is no proof the phone is his? Will i need to purchase a new one and give him a new number?

Thanks
Kevin
Message 9 of 12 (5,554 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Hi kev,

i had to replace a payg sim for my daughter a couple of years back and went into a store - they got me to confirm various details...last top up, last numbers called and they were able to register it, then replace her number for me

If you have another payg number calling 191 may able to do it and send one out if thats more convenient

:smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 12 (5,549 Views)
kevsrs

Ok 365 seeing as it's you!

Their questions will be interesting as he barely makes calls and doesn't need many topups, he mainly plays games!

I don't know why i thought it would be a good idea to buy a 10 year old a phone!

I'll go to the shop tomorrow.
Message 11 of 12 (5,543 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

worst case u will need to get a new number...i assume at 10yo not that many people will have it...

(mind you my 9yo seems to spend life on her phone:smileyvery-happy:)

:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 12 (5,539 Views)