Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim card problems - no 4g only 3g

majoosta
4: Newbie
I have a Nexus 9 LTE tablet which I have put my 4G sim in but am getting increasingly frustrated at not getting 4G. I had an iPad air which I couldn't get on with so went back to good old Android but am totally at a loss as to why I cannot ever get 4G?

I have looked at the settings and they seem okay, however, when I select 'mobile plan' in settings I get the message 'Vodafone UK has no known provisioning website' (?)

After a little research I have come across sim cards suddenly not being provisioned. Could this be the case? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
34 REPLIES 34

@Rodney if you'd read any of the posts in this thread you might understand how infuriating your reply is. It would have been better customer service if you hadn't actually replied...

I have tried multiple SIM's in multiple Nexus 9's, and none of them give anything faster than 3G.

Hi Rodney,

Tried all that looooooong ago.

angryinca
1: Seeker

hi i also have a nexus 9. i got it to replace my ipad.  my sim works for 4g on my ipad but not on my nexus 9.

i spoke to the shop i got it from who replace it and the next one didnt work either!!!!  the shop tested the second one on tmobile and it got lte signal which he said was 4g so it must be vodafones fault.  i showed him my ipad with the sim in working too.

when are vodafone going to fix this?  i have bought an ee pay as you go sim with 6gb on it until its fixed

I've finally got somewhere!

I spoke to HTC, they game me nothing to go on...

I phoned Vodafone back, and after getting a rather rude level 2 engineer, I asked to be put through to his manager who said the Nexus 9 is trying to register on the network at 900MHz, NOT 800MHz... so there is some problem with the device on Vodafone's network where it tries to register at 900MHz by mistake.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

KillerDr3w wrote:I phoned Vodafone back, and after getting a rather rude level 2 engineer, I asked to be put
through to his manager who said the Nexus 9 is trying to register on the network at 900MHz, NOT 800MHz... so there is some problem with the device on Vodafone's network where it tries to register at 900MHz by mistake.

It's the device that's doing that, not Vodafone.   This points to a firmware issue, as I suspected.