Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart 4 power Email Issues

WidgeSavage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Every time I try to send an email it fails, any ideas folks?

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Are you using the integrated email functionality or an app?  Does this happen over mobile data or WiFi?

PWIAC

It's over Wifi, I'm using the pre installed email app that's on the phone, it's been working fine up until about a week ago then stopped sending emails. Gmail ones are working fine.

hrym
17: Community Champion

I assume you're using the offline email client rather than the proprietary app for a specific service such as Gmail or Yahoo?   Issues with sending are often caused by SMTP authentication issues - most services require you to log into your account so that they can identify you before they'll accept outgoing messages.   If you go into Settings for the app and look at the Sending section, make sure authentication is turned on.   Of the various types, SLS/TLS is the most common.

That may sort it.  It's also useful to have a look at any settings information your service provider offers.  They don't always give ones for Androind, but the basic information will be there for Microsoft Outlook.

just went through all the outgoing security settings and got a pop up that says: can'tconnect to server. (421 #4.4.5 too many connections from your host)

hrym

That sounds like a provider issue and you may need to contact the email service to get it resolved.  It may also be necessary to reduce the frequency with which the app checks for messages.   As a workround, if you're also using Gmail, you could use the Google SMTP server to send from the other service - though it may then send as from your Gmail address.

Or you could set Gmail (on the website) to pull in mesages from the other service and reply as-from the address the messages were sent to.  Then you could use the Gmail app on your phone.   Doing this would mean that all new messages were sent from your default Gmail address (which you can also define), though.