Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tethering - Mobile data link lost Motorola razr i

brodie14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, When I try and use the tether on my motorola razr i I get the message 'data link lost'. On looking through the forums I see that the solution is to add ,dun  to my default setting in APN type (ie  default,dun) When I try and do this I get the following message "you are not allowed to add a new DUN APN, DUN APN is only provisioned by the carrier"

Any ideas on how to get past this ? The tether worked fine on my last Motorola phone which was an Atrix.

Many thanks,Grant.

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi brodie14,

Thank you for your post here.

To be honest it should be relatively simple to tether your device via USB cable by pressing Applications, settings, tethering and portable hotspot, USB tethering, click OK.

However, what are operating system does the PC have that you are using as once it is activated from your phone you may need to do some slight configuration on the PC side of things.

James

Same issue on USB too for me.

This is not working.

The correct solution is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36904059#post36904059

Add ",dun" to your apn type after "default"
go to all settings -> more -> mobile networks -> access point names -> Vodafone (used one) -> scroll down and APN type -> type this: ,dun -> ok.

Wait 30 seconds and try to use.

benynek

I was able to add the default,dun value to the APN settings but now it still not working

It used to work earlier

Vodafone seems to block me from tethering

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jayakarang 

Tethering used to be a seperate service, but now it's all included in the standard data allowance.

Please ensure you have the correct APN settings, as well as the latest software for your handset.

DaveCD