Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thinking about switching from a Huawei G510

veggieman
4: Newbie

I am 13 months into my 2-yr Vodafone contract having got a Huawei G510 when it commenced.

I have constantly had battery problems and, despite turning most things off, the battery life is very poor both with the original battery and a replacement one I was recently given by Vodafone.

Additionally, the phone is very poor to see in bright daylight and taking photos outside is very much hit and miss as I can't actually see the picture on the phone that I am trying to take. When I went for a walk yesterday in a new area, I got lost and hoped that the mapping app in the phone would assist but I wasn't able to see it on the screen very easily unless I went into complete shade.

I have tried various apps to improve the battery life and the outside brightness but it makes no difference.

I have decided enough is enough and want to buy a new Android phone on a PAYG contract and switch the Sim card and SD card from the Huawei across to it.

Can anyone suggest an alternative Android phone that won't have the battery and daylight visibilty problems that I have endured? I want one with a reasonably-sized screen if possible.

I am a pensioner in my mid-60s so don't want to spend a mega amount on a replacement but I do need to do something in terms of being able to enjoy using the phone more than I currently do.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi veggieman,

There are many great Android phones available to suit differing needs and budgets.

You can see our range here.

We have a YouTube channel full of help videos for various phones.

They show the features for each phone and may give you the information you need.

Alternatively, pop to a Vodafone store where the staff will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Andy

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
You need to look at do you want to be able to remove the battery if so the S3 is a belting phone on pay as you go or the S4 mini. Try and avoid buying direct from a network as the bloat ware is very heavy and that can drain a battery
The best phone for a budget is the Motorola G simple free £120 one of my company are taking them on after getting a full day and half on testing

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I know this is an old thread, but you could try playing with the brightness controls.   If auto brightness is turned on, try turning it off and setting it manually.  If it's off try raising the level and also turning auto on.  I find that auto reacts differently on different devices - some better, some worse, some faster than others.

Thanks.

I had it as bright as possible but it was still poor in daylight.

I had one of these and it was very unsatisfactory - it had to go in for repair TWICE.  In the end I got rid of it and am now using the Smart Mini 4 pending getting something else.  Have you looked at any of the new, bigger Smart models?

I had a Huawei Ascend G300 beforehand that wasn't great either.

I have switched to an HTC One M8 and it is really good,

No more Huawei phones for me.