Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to send or receive pictures.

Dreambeliever
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed my phone at Christmas from a Nokia 5800 to an Archos 40 Titanium running Android 4.2. I'm a PAYG customer.

I recently tried sending a photo to a friend and found it wouldn't go through.  She tried sending one to me and it wouldn't download.  I have plenty of credit on my phone so I know that's not the problem.

I have tried sending the word WEB to 40127 3 times in the last 2 days to get my settings via text and had no reply.  I have been waiting to get through to tech chat all night but they are constantly busy and I can't connect to them.  I am getting really frustrated now.  Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The reason you wouldn't have got the configuration text is that I don't believe that is one of the phones Vodafone ranges.  You will have to enter the settings for your handset manually and will find all the settings you need to do this in this link here

PWIAC

Thank you for your help. I applied the settings as found on the link:

Pay as you go
APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
APN Type: default,mms

I am still unable to send or receive picture messages.  I can browse the internet ok without problem.  On my phone there are a few settings extra to the one above, under access point names I have:

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk

APN Type: default,mms

* Proxy:

* Port:

Username: wap
Password: wap

* Server: not set
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 15

* Authentication Type: not set

* APN Protocol: IPv4

* APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

* APN enable/disable

APN enabled

* Bearer: unspecified

Should I have other settings for the lines marked *?

I do hope you can help.

Thanks, Karen

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There are various issues with MMS at the moment, especially on PAYG.  However, a member of the forum team will be able to contact you to access your account and see if there's anything that needs to be reset.   In the meantime, you do have the new settings as default on the device, don't you?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dreambeliever,

Apologies, we seem to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny