Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade Early

Elmov3
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've got an iPhone 5, which I got around September last year, other than the battery on it being terrible, there's very little wrong with it. However I've seen the Nexus 6 and I really want one.

I'm wanting to know if I pay of a portion/all of my remaining contract would I be able to upgrade to that or am I stuck until September to upgrade again?

Cheers,

Elliott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Yep, if you buy out the time remaining in your contract, you can bring your upgrade date forward.  If you would like an exact price of the Early Termination Fee, call customer services on 191.

One thing to be careful on are the costs.  It may be better for you to simply by the handset outright and continue using your existing contract with it.  Also, whatever you decide to do, you can sell your existing handset and use the money from the sale of that towards a new phone or buying out your contract.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

drey_p

Hi there

Yep, if you buy out the time remaining in your contract, you can bring your upgrade date forward.  If you would like an exact price of the Early Termination Fee, call customer services on 191.

One thing to be careful on are the costs.  It may be better for you to simply by the handset outright and continue using your existing contract with it.  Also, whatever you decide to do, you can sell your existing handset and use the money from the sale of that towards a new phone or buying out your contract.

PWIAC