You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
skimbo

Vodafone 340 - Desktop PC Connection

can i connect the vodafone 340 to my desktop pc windows xp home edition using a usb cable and if so how? please! many thanks for advice given! jim
Message 1 of 6 (3,986 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
welshrosco

was there a cd in the box, if so place in pc and it should auto install the software needed, if not go to start - computer - double click on the cd drive to run the installation this way. if no cd in the box then when u plug the usb in u should get an window pop up which should have soe options in, one of which should be browse file or explore, on some handset they have the software built in so u can install it from this menu. if u go thru the browse files or explore option u may need to have a look around the window for music, picture and video folders which u can drop stuff into or copy/cut/paste to ur pc. im sure one of the mod would have more info on this if needed.
Message 2 of 6 (3,986 Views)
skimbo

[there was no cd supplied and the bubble just says unknown device?
Message 3 of 6 (3,986 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
welshrosco

It may not be supported in this feature then. Was there a userguide with it at all? There may be a section which shows how to do this.
Message 4 of 6 (3,986 Views)
skimbo

thanks to all, but it seems in my search that it is not possible as vodafone wont release the drivers?
Message 5 of 6 (3,986 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi skimbo

I had a look, and there doesn't seem to be a PC Studio software package for the Vodafone 340. :(

However, the PC Studio designed for the Vodafone 541 may actually work for your handset, and it would do no harm in trying to use this. :)

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 6 of 6 (3,986 Views)