Support:

Other manufacturers and OS discussion

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
CFAS

Vodafone 543 - How Do I Restore It To Factory Settings?

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how to reset the factory settings on a vodafone 543 please?

I have tried looking in the user manual and the phone guide online, the phone guide online said how to do it but it doesn't work.

Thanks
Message 1 of 5 (11,687 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there CFAS,

Thanks for the question. I can't find any reference, either within the Vodafone 543 Help Centre, or our intranet that answers this question, nor is there one in the office so I can try it for myself.

Needless to say, it's got me baffled!!!

I HAVE, however, got my hands on a few other Vodafone handsets, namely the 810 and 725 and the menu set up is exactly the same, so the 543 should be no different.

So, open your menu, settings, security settings, original settings.

This should then set your handset back to factory settings. If you're presented with a request for a code, then if it's default it'll be 0000.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 2 of 5 (11,687 Views)
CFAS

Hi LeeH,

I have entered that part of the phone and menu and there is no option for a reset in any shape of form in all the sub-menus under the settings option.

Any idea's or advice, there is not a hidden switch/button for a hard reset? I have taken the back cover off and cannot see one, but I cannot seem to take the front cover off to check if anything might be under there.

Thanks
Message 3 of 5 (11,687 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi CFAS

Can you give this a try for me.

Long press 'upper side key' and 'power on key' at the same time, under power off mode. You will then see 'All data will be lost, continue?' After you select 'Yes,' the sequence will be entered with reminder 'Formatting flash, please wait.' The phone will auto switch on when reset finishes. Please do not manipulate the phone nor remove the battery during this period of time.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 4 of 5 (11,687 Views)
CFAS

Hi CFAS

Can you give this a try for me.

Long press 'upper side key' and 'power on key' at the same time, under power off mode. You will then see 'All data will be lost, continue?' After you select 'Yes,' the sequence will be entered with reminder 'Formatting flash, please wait.' The phone will auto switch on when reset finishes. Please do not manipulate the phone nor remove the battery during this period of time.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Hi Trev,

I have just given this a go and it appears to have worked :lol:

Many thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 5 (11,687 Views)