Support:

Other manufacturers and OS discussion

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jarv2011

Vodafone 547 - Problems with MMS/Internet

hi, my battery went dead yesterday, had phone for bout 3months and everything been fine, however when turned phone back on yesterday i cant access sms as comes up " not available" when trying to write new sms and loading status when trying to access inbox, also when click on wap comes straight back off, everything else calls etc working perfect.

i have tried reset factory settings.......nothing works.

any advice? my partner reckons another reset which requires your im code can work??

thanks in advance
Message 1 of 9 (7,986 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
redpages

A couple of steps you could try.

First to get text messaging working you might need to re enter the message centre number. To do this

Touch the Menu key
Touch Messaging
Scroll to and touch Message settings
Touch Text message
Touch Profile settings
Touch Profile 1
Touch Edit
Touch Profile 1
Touch Edit
Enter Vodafone, touch Done
Touch SMSC address
Enter +447785016005, touch OK
Touch Yes
Touch Options
Touch Activate.

For WAP and Internet settings you might need to re-input these into the phone. If you go to this page you'll have the full settings lists available in the top right corner of the page.
Message 2 of 9 (7,986 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi jarv1

Welcome to the eForum :D it is always good to see new faces on here.

redpages has come on here with 2 bits of brilliant information. This should cover this issue and you will then be able to use SMS and the internet. Thanks for that redpages ;)

If this is not the case please let me know.

Martin
eForum Team
Message 3 of 9 (7,986 Views)
mcoveney

Re: Vodafone 547 - Problems with MMS/Internet

redpages wrote:
A couple of steps you could try.

First to get text messaging working you might need to re enter the message centre number. To do this

Touch the Menu key
Touch Messaging
Scroll to and touch Message settings
Touch Text message
Touch Profile settings
Touch Profile 1
Touch Edit
Touch Profile 1
Touch Edit
Enter Vodafone, touch Done
Touch SMSC address
Enter +447785016005, touch OK
Touch Yes
Touch Options
Touch Activate.

For WAP and Internet settings you might need to re-input these into the phone. If you go to this page you'll have the full settings lists available in the top right corner of the page.

The same thing happened to my vodafone 547(twice),the first time vodafone replaced the phone.and I had this one for two months and I lost mms/internet on this one.they have sent it out for repair.but IM wondering if there is a problem with this model of phone,and if it happens again I`m thinking about changing the phone.

Message 4 of 9 (7,574 Views)
mcoveney

I had the same problem with my vodafone 547(twice),The first time they replaced the phone.then I had this one for two months and I lost mms/internet on this one too,went back to the vodafone shop,and they sent it out for repair.

Im wondering if there is a problem with this make of phone,and if anyone else has had problems with this phone.

If it goes wrong again when I get it back,IM thinking about changing to a different phone.

Message 5 of 9 (7,573 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi mcoveney,

Thanks for posting. I'd be interested to hear if you still see this issue with your new phone. If you do, can you please let me know the firmware version you're running please? Once I have it, I'll be able to raise a case to our Devices Team. Details of how to find this can be found on our Vodafone 547 Help page.

George

eForum Team

Message 6 of 9 (7,550 Views)
Jetskies

Yes and this is for VFNZ settings

- APN live.vodafone.com
- MMS server address http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
- Connection mode Connection orientated / permanent / continuous connection
- GPRS ID username  
- GPRS ID password  
- MMS automatic download On (Automatically downloads full MMS)
- PPP automatic download PAP (default)
- Proxy authentication password  
- Proxy authentication username  
- Proxy login type Automatic (default)
- Security Off
- WAP gateway IP address 172.030.038.003

Message 7 of 9 (6,920 Views)
thomasmurray666

look ive the same problem nw only happend on the 2nd /7/11

i got the phone3 mount's and it went dead and i go to charge it and nw i cant send text cant even get into my message settings to try any of this stuff that is be said .... my phone is Vodafone 547 black touch screen .... if u could get back assap cuz im loseing my head hear
thanks
yours truly MR MURRAY
Message 8 of 9 (6,764 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi thomasmurray666 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

To be honest, your problem sounds like it is a fault with the handset rather than a settings issue. If you are unable to get into your settings there is definitely something wrong.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try and get into the settings?

You may need to send your phone away for repair. For more information on this head over to our Vodafone Repairs Thread

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 9 (6,753 Views)