Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 575 call issues

Gunbladelad
2: Seeker

I've recently got this handset to replace my old non-functional handset and it seems to have an issue with regards to calls occasionally.

Simply put, if someone tries to call then what appears to be 50% of the time (at the moment), the screen unlocks on my end but the person calling goes straight to voicemail.  I don't even get to see who's tried to call, but I know there's been an attempt thanks to the unlocking.

Just to confirm - this is only with incoming calls.  I've not had any other issues with it yet.

EDIT : I'd like to know if it's possible to remove the 2 game demo apps off the phone as well (Tetris & Worms) - they don't seem to have the option to do so...

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A number of possibilities here.

1. Your phone is on silent.  Check settings and also press volume up when it's idle.   You could also try changing the ring tone, which should give you a preview.

2. The time to voicemail is too short.   This code: **61*121*11*30# will increase it to 30 seconds.  If you want more or less, change the 30 before the # to something else.   You just enter the code in the dialler and press green.

I don't know enough about the phone to know how to uninstall apps.  If you know the procedure and they still won't uninstall, I suspect it's not possible.

Gunbladelad

The phone's not on silent - and it doesn't even do this with all phone calls.  It's very much an intermittent problem (a friend on Tesco Mobile is the one who mentioned it to me, but I've seen the same unlock numerous times since.  The phone often seems to go into "safe mode" - at least once a week - for no reason either.

Hi Gunbladelad,

Please try factory restoring your phone as this can help resolve issues like this.

If after restoring, you still experience the issues, please follow the steps below:

• Dial ##002# into your phone - you'll see an onscreen message stating call forwarding has been removed
  • Call 1210 and a message will inform you your Voicemail has been switched off
  • Call 1211 to re-enable your Voicemail service.

I don't believe the demo's can be removed as they come as part of the stock firmware on the phone.

Thanks,

Matt B