Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 830 - I Can't Sync The Phone With Outlook

ssshan
Not applicable
The PC sync software comes preloaded on the phone. On first installation the necessary software was automatically loaded on to the PC.

I start the software on the PC and link the Vodafone 830 phone with a cable. The phone is shown as connected, but the synchronisation does not happen.

I get the following error message when the synchronisation process starts:

'Operation Hint:

Sync Failed

Operation is refused
The operation is refused by Microsoft Outlook because of interior error, please restart your computer to remove this error'

I have started the PC and Outlook many times but the problem is not solved

Can you please help as I need to use this phone and get my contacts and calenders synched from my Outlook to this phone
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

I can't help directly with the 830 - although planning to get one which is why I am following the forum - but maybe can help with my 12 months experience of the 620.  I was new to windows phone when I got it.  At the time it was win phone 8, now 8.1, and my PC was running win 8, now 8.1.  It took me a while to sort myself out but now sorted I am very happy.

As far as I know you can't sync calender and people directly from pc to phone.  Its a Microsoft thing not a voadafone thing.  You have to set up your PC to synchronise them with  outlook "in the cloud" using a microsoft account and then tell your phone to go look there - settings, email and accounts.  You don't have to sync email, you can just do people and calender.  I was a bit grumpy about that, I had come from a Palm which did sync PC to phone and I was a bit reluctant to put contacts in the cloud but at all seems to be OK and is seamless.  As an added bonus I can get my ipad to sync its calendar as well.

The other issue I had was getting duplicates on sync and a general 'mess' with pictures and music.  I think that has now been sorted in win phone 8.1, but after much grief a year ago I deleted both of the phone sync apps from my PC (for some reason windows 8 had 2 apps) and now I just plug the phone in by USB and use windows explorer to copy the files I want.   100% reliable.

You might find that your difficulties stem from the pc end of things if 2 apps are opening at once when you plug the phone in - maybe run task manager (ctrl-alt-delete, select it from the list) and on the processes tab see what opens up when the phone is plugged in.

Hope that helps and I will be interested in the outcome.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Hi

I can't help directly with the 830 - although planning to get one which is why I am following the forum - but maybe can help with my 12 months experience of the 620.  I was new to windows phone when I got it.  At the time it was win phone 8, now 8.1, and my PC was running win 8, now 8.1.  It took me a while to sort myself out but now sorted I am very happy.

As far as I know you can't sync calender and people directly from pc to phone.  Its a Microsoft thing not a voadafone thing.  You have to set up your PC to synchronise them with  outlook "in the cloud" using a microsoft account and then tell your phone to go look there - settings, email and accounts.  You don't have to sync email, you can just do people and calender.  I was a bit grumpy about that, I had come from a Palm which did sync PC to phone and I was a bit reluctant to put contacts in the cloud but at all seems to be OK and is seamless.  As an added bonus I can get my ipad to sync its calendar as well.

The other issue I had was getting duplicates on sync and a general 'mess' with pictures and music.  I think that has now been sorted in win phone 8.1, but after much grief a year ago I deleted both of the phone sync apps from my PC (for some reason windows 8 had 2 apps) and now I just plug the phone in by USB and use windows explorer to copy the files I want.   100% reliable.

You might find that your difficulties stem from the pc end of things if 2 apps are opening at once when you plug the phone in - maybe run task manager (ctrl-alt-delete, select it from the list) and on the processes tab see what opens up when the phone is plugged in.

Hope that helps and I will be interested in the outcome.