Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 875 Smartmini connectivity issue

deelouash
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

On Monday night I went to sleep, I'd been doing normal stuff on my phone, playing app games, checking twitter etc. Tuesday morning I woke and was unable to connect to my Hay Day app - it said there was an authentication problem. I did the WPS thing; forgot the connection to my BT hub and re-entered password as new; turned off phone; turned off hub, etc etc. Basically I can connect to my wifi hub, it shows blue bars and is connected but if I attempt to visit a website or use an internet based app it cuts off the wifi connection. Not too bad an issue if just reading a weblink as long as it got to finish loading the page but utterly useless for twitter and app games. I have no idea why it's doing this. I downloaded the pc android suite and tried syncing with android manager. I tried using my phone while it's usb plugged to the pc. I'm at a loss. Tethering is not doing this so what the heck is happening? Please don't get too complicated in answering either, I'm not a programmer. Heres hoping someone has a clue vefore I try taking it to the store - don't think I even still have the receipt for the phone anyway. I used my rewardz so I hope that will be proof enough it's in warranty if no-one can help here.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'd say the first thing you need to do is a factory reset on the phone.  It's a bit of a pain, but it'll happen if it has to go off for repair anyway.   Back up your content first (photos, music etc), make sure your contacts are sync'd with an online service or export them and then back up the resulting file.  If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are apps which will do that, if not, don't worry.  You may also want to make a note of your homescreen layouts for ease if replacing them later.   A factory reset will put your phone back into its out-of-the-box state, so you'll be setting it up from scratch again and, with luck, this will fix the wifi issue.

The other possibility is that this is a memory issue.  You could have a look under Settings|storage and see how much there is left.   If it's looking tight, you may need to do a bit of deleting.

Unfortunately this didn't work. I'm now unable to connect to what apps I have left after the factory reset and it's being a bit contrary allowing me to restore app data via my google account.....because of connectivity issues!

hrym

Then sadly, unless someone else ahs any bright ideas, I fear something has gone wrong with the hardware and the phone is going to have to go for repair.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi deelouash,

Please test this using a different Wi-Fi connection.

If you’re still facing the same issue, please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma