Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 875 error

Trevor_Bods
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In the past two weeks, my Vodafone 875 mobile has begun to dsplay an icon at the top left of screen; I believe it is a "i" in a circle.

Since this icon appeared, the phone doesn't display any other icons, so if for instance I receive a text ro miss a call, there is no notification.

I've looked in the manual for the phone, but can't see what causes the error or how to clear it, so does anyone know?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Trevor_Bods 

Welcome to the eForum.

You can find further help with this on our device troubleshooter.

We’re also able to take a look at the phone for you, see our repair process.

Thanks,

Jamian

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortuantely, I can't locate any relevant advice in the Troubleshooter section, so unless anyone has any ideas, I will need to return handset to the store.

The symbol displayed on the handset is an "i" in a circle; this doesn't exactly match any of the icons in the guide book, but one similar symbol has a description of "Problem with text or multimedia message delivery". This would be consistent with the problems I am experiencing.

Before I return the handset, does anyone know what can cause this error message and how it can be cleared?

I have already tried switching the phone off and on, but that didn't have any effect.

Trevor

Hi @Trevor_Bods 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Please follow these help steps, so that we can see if it's a messaging issue. 

If you're still having problems after this, then look at the info on our repair process that @Retired-Jamian mentioned. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Hi,

The problem doesn't prevent me sending or receiving texts (so help link does not apply).

Instead, issue only appears to be that I receive no notification when messages arrive i.e. no envelope icon at top of screen and no light on the handset. I therefore have to scroll to the message application and periodically check for any new entries.

Unless there are any other suggestions, I will ask in the Vodafone shop the next time I am in town.

Thanks

Trevor

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Trevor_Bods 

I've had a play with one of these phones in the office.

The symbol you've mentioned means the messaging settings are out of date.

Please go to:

• Settings.
  • SD Card and Phone Storage.
  • Software Upgrade. 

It's also worthwhile to check:

• Messages.
  • Settings.
  • SMS Centre Number.
  • Key in +447785016005.
  • Set.

If you're still struggling after doing this, we can test your SIM or arrange a phone repair in store.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben.

When I look in the Settings option, I don't have a "SD Card and Phone Storage" option; probably because the phone doesn't have an SD Card!

I've checked your other point and the SMS Centre Number is correct.

Thinking about the problem, I wonder if it could be because I have internet access on the phone disabled?

Although the phone obviously has internet access capability, I use it on a pay as you go basis for sending texts and taking the occasional photo. When I first got the phone and the access was enabled, even though I wans't accessing the internet directly, background services were and my credit was disappearing fast, so the shop amended one of the settings to block the access.

Could it therefore be that because the phone isn't hooked into the internet, some software on it has become out of date and this is generating the issue?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trevor_Bods

I’m sorry for the delay.

It’s worth enabling the internet just to test this.

If it still doesn’t work, please see our repair process Ben linked you to.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, was this ever resolved and if so how? TY

The problem did get resolved; I'm struggling to remember what exactly I did, but I believe it was to temporarily enable the internet access on the phone, then disable once the symbol disappeared. Good luck with fixing yours.