Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 MMS

Janeytheshark
3: Seeker

I've revently purchased a Vodafone Smart 4 and am unable to send MMS - after a very, very long conversation with Vodafone I was told there was a problem with the Network regarding sending MMS and that I should just keep trying.  Well today I still can't send MMS so I asked my Mum to send one to my husband which he didn't get so she sent me one and I received the picture.  I tried sending one back and still am unable to do so - so it's obviously not a Network issue!!!

Can anyone please help with this?

20 REPLIES 20

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Have you tried texting WEB to 40127 ? That is usually the quickest way to get the settings on your handset.

As for exchanging the phone, no you won't be able to. You can however buy another handset and use it with your contract.

PWIAC

I have text for the correct settings and gone through set up by telephone with a Vodafone person with no luck. What about the issues with the icons surely they shouldn't appear in my album? The other issue I forgot to mention is that x office is installed but every time I try and use it it "stops working".

drey_p
It's pretty hard to say what the icons are or why they are appearing without looking at the handset itself.

If you're having an issue with X Office, you'd need to contact the developer.

I've also just realised that you had an existing thread on the same issue with MMS. This is why you should always post in the same thread otherwise you will end up getting the same troubleshooting over and over. This thread will be merged with the other one.

Have you sent your details to the eForum Team?

PWIAC

Janeytheshark
Sorry for starting a new thread!! I have been in touch with the tech team but they just suggested I send the text message for the settings. This had already been done as per telephone calls direct with Vodafone.

The icons are ones that appear on Facebook and they then all appear in my album!!!!

Surely if X Office doesn't work on a new phone it's the phone provider who should sort it out?

drey_p

@Janeytheshark wrote:
Surely if X Office doesn't work on a new phone it's the phone provider who should sort it out?

Why would a phone provider sort out an issue with a third party app?  You have to contact the developer - they are responsible for the coding of the app.  This is not the responsibility of the phone provider. 

PWIAC

It was an app that was on the phone when I bought it not one that I added 

drey_p

Sorry, I didn't understand that from your original post.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There seems to be a difference in the way the Android gallery now handles some content.   I'm seeing images from other ghapps that I used not to, and this is a across a variety of devices.  If they were all in one place, it would be possible to put a nomedia file in the folder, but I suspect they're all over the place.   I've managed to hide one or two albums, though (see hide/unhide in settings).  The only other solution is periodic deletions.

It's a real pain in the backside though having to delete pics all the time!

Janeytheshark
Oh well looks as though I'll have to count my losses and get a different phone!!