Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Max

adch1nn
9: Established

I'm interested in adding the Smart 4 Max to my collection of Android devices, however I went into the Vodafone store on Saturday (I'm not divulging which store) and said "I'd like to see the Vodafone Smart 4 Max please".  The response I got was; "There isn't a Max, we have the Power and the Turbo, but there's no such phone as the Max"...

I've seen this guy in the store plenty of times so he's not a noob, but never mind.

I thought I'd have a look on the website...oh wow.

Vodafone can't even spell Google Proprietary.  (See highlighted text in image below)

Do I really want to invest my hard earned £££, when such simple things seem like major hurdles?

3G Standby time? TBC? How many phones can you expect to sell when you can't advertise the standby time.

Screen - 6 Inchs?  Inchs?  Is that laziness, or another typo?

I'd also like to know whether this phone is likely to receive Android 5.0 in the future, but when you call the call centre, they seem to know less about phone operating systems than my 3 year old nephew.

I'm a devout Vodafone customer, but these things I've listed are just total utter embarassments to one of the worlds largest telecoms companies. 

You would not see any of this on a Moto website, Google website, HTC, I'd expect ot of EE but I've never seen it, and when you call them you know you're talking to someone that has a clue about mobile technology, not just working in a call-centre because it's a big employer in their area - and they think and iPhone 6 is the best technology in the world, don't even try asking them what NFC does (I do it for laughs) - "On an iPhone it works with Apple Pay, but I don't know if Android has NFC" was one response I received lately.   (In case you're wondering the benefits of NFC on Android are almost limitless)

Vodafone need to start employing people that live and breathe technology, and whom can spell.  

It also seems that they're forever building up hype, hype, hype around the iPhone - when there are just as many screaming for the latest and greatest Android device - but their staff just think the Android OS "have funny names and are full of viruses"...

:smileysad: :smileymad:

It's very frustrating, I'm frustrated for Vodafone.  Start employing people that know about phones!

Lastly, I'm sorry for this rant Vodateam, but I am trying to find out more about this phone, but having experienced the worst range of advice ever in the last 4 days, my patience is wearing thin.

Vodafone Smart 4 Max.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

adch1nn
9: Established

Further to this - Where is the battery information?

People who have a clue about phones, like to see the battery stats...not in standby time or talk time...I want to know if this has a 3,200mAh battery, 2,800mAh - I want to know more about the chipsets.

Lots of people do.  You seem to take your customers for idiots...save it for the iPhone users - Android users are geeks when it comes to this stuff, furnish us with the information!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @adch1nn 

I appreciate your highlighting those typos and the battery description for me.

While we try not to get too technical or jargon heavy on the phone descriptions, I agree that the basics should be present and correct.

I've passed a copy of your post up to the team that manage the site.

If there's anything more technical you wish to know about any of our phones, let me now and we can get the answers here for you.

We don't announce firmware dates, as they can change as a result of testing. Visit our firmware FAQ's for more details.

If you'd rather not provide store feedback for a specific branch here, we can pick this up on Live help for you.

Thanks,

Ben