cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Power - how to delete email accounts?

stevenpater1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi - does anyone know how to delete an email account on the Vodafone Smart 4 Power? I've tried looking through all settings to no avail - thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I assume we're talking about an account in the Email app, rather than you Google account? I'm slightly surprised there's nothing in the options for the app.

If all else fails, go into Settings|Apps, then scroll down to email and tap on it, there's a Clear Data option.   Hit that and everything will be gone.   If you have more than one account, you'll have to set the ones you do want up again.   They should re-synchronise, but all your old messages will be marked as unread.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

I assume we're talking about an account in the Email app, rather than you Google account? I'm slightly surprised there's nothing in the options for the app.

If all else fails, go into Settings|Apps, then scroll down to email and tap on it, there's a Clear Data option.   Hit that and everything will be gone.   If you have more than one account, you'll have to set the ones you do want up again.   They should re-synchronise, but all your old messages will be marked as unread.

Yes I meant non-Google accounts (Yahoo, Outlook etc). Your 'if all else fails' advice worked - many thanks! 

63johnw
Hi. You can normally do it by going to settings, accounts, tap on email (if its in there), tap on the account to remove, tap on 3 dots in right hand corner then option to remove account should appear (at least it normally does on android)