Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo

mdicker1943
2: Seeker
When i transfer apps to the SD card , then arrange them on the main screens and folders i have created.
When I turn off the phone and switch it back on the apps I have positioned have dissapered.
Leaving the apps that are held on the phone.
Is this due to the type of SD card as I have had it a long time. At the moment leaving the apps on the phone.
10 REPLIES 10

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. It's a tricky one to diagnose, especially as the SD card is likely to be a third party one and not specific to Vodafone (who wouldn't be able to predict how every version SD card would interact with displaying content on their device). If you've had it for some time it might be worth purchasing a new card / different model. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks it is a card purchased from vodafone , but will replace , had the same problem with the alcatel.
This looks like the son of alcatel .
No problem with the galaxy I gave to my wife , just took the SD card out and put it in the new phone after a reformat.
Suppose you get what you pay for .

hrym

It almost sounds as though the phone is making a new network connection when you turn it back on.  I've made the mistake of setting a device up over wifi (no SIM), then putting a SIM in and finding I've lost the homescreens.

I have a Smart 4 Power with several apps on an sd card (an elderly 2gb Nokia one, as it happens) and haven't had any problems in this area.   If you get the same issue with a different card, I fear a repair may be needed.

The only problem I have with the Turbo 4G is it has so many new features compaired to my old LG E730 sol. I could use a manuel on many of the new features, even setting up the home screen has changed, what's that cros thing all about, the phone call screen is very complicated and a lot of stuff on screen so it's difficult when driving and having it in a dash mounted holder to use hands free on speaker, much simpler and easy on thr LG.

Gimi a book!

hrym

@PeterLee wrote:
Gimi a book!

Try this.

mdicker1943
Going to replace the card probably the phone cannot live with the poor wi fi reception.

its the only phone android that doesnt support bbm its terrible

Solved the problem it locked would not switch off .
Took the battery out . Went back to vodafone no quibble they swapped it for a HTC brilliant phone.
Picks up wifi strong , no problem with SD card it only stores music video and photo.
Moral is before buying a Smart 4 test wi fi strength and leave apps on the phone.

Jenniferglen25
4: Newbie
Think black berry messanger should be available on the Vodafone smart 4 turbo miss it :Sad_face: