Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 mini - Unable to change or delete APN settings

Nem097
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Bought this phone as a temporary replacement.

Unlocked it to use with my o2 pay monthly sim.

Now heres the problem, the phone is not connecting to the internet when im out and about (no issues with wifi). 

I have gone into the 'access point names' menu and I have four settings saved - o2 pay & go ; o2 pay & go mobile broadband; TESCO mobile (i have no idea why this one is on there as phone has never been used before and i've never had a tesco sim) and o2 MMS.

It wont allow me to delete any of them and when I select 'New APN' I can input all the required information but when selecting 'Save' it does not register.

I am hoping someone has had this problem and managed to overcome it...

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

TBH, I think you're best of asking O2 about this.  Normally, I'd expect the device to detect a SIM it hasn't seen before and download the correct APN.  I'd guess that the settings you want would be O2 contract or pay monthy - I don't know how they name theirs.

On Vodafone you can get APNs sent to your device by texting WEB to 40127 and O2 may have something similar.  You could also have a look at Settings|Connections|Mobile Data|More (I think that's the path) and see if there's a "Get settings from provider" option.   If there is, tap on it and it'll download the correct ones and should delete everything else as well.