Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart III - Android Update

mousecalledjerr
4: Newbie

My mother has a Vodafone Smart III and its running phone software version 4.1.1-130HVG2, it keeps randomly restarting even when on charge, I've been advised that it is a fault with the 4.1.1 software and that it should be running version 4.2 or newer software to fix this problem.

I have tried the normal way (Settings, about phone, software updates, check for updates) to update the software and it just says that theres no updates available.

We have a poor internet connection where we are and on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s2) so had to use kies to download the update as it always failed trying ota updates. I was hoping theres a way to download the update and install manually, i've looked online and can only find a 4.4 update that requires a rooted handset.

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mousecalledjerr,

I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the phone and performing update over the air. 

Have you been able to check for updates using Kies?

What happens when you try to download any updates via this method?

Many thanks

Jenny

Kies only works for Smasung Phones, my problem is with the Vodafone Smart III

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mousecalledjerr, 

Apologies for the confusion. 

4.1 is the latest version, so I'd recommend arranging a repair for the phone.

Thanks, 

Kay

Woodie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I have a Vodafone smart 111 mobile.  I sent text message which came back with a warning sign - a Red Triangle with a white ! in the middle.  Can anyone explain what happened, was the text too long, or has the contact changed numbers ?   

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Woodie,

This means that the message has failed to send.

There could be many reasons for this, just re-try sending the message.

Cheers,

Laura