Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Prime 6 - Settings>Security option

BDWatt
2: Seeker

I knew it was too good to be true.  Now I know why this phone was £79.  It's because some of the basic functions do not work.  Point and case. Security option.  By clicking on settings then security only takes you back to your home screen.  You cannot change any settings. Installations is blocked.

"For security, your phone is set to block all installation of apps obtained from unknown sources"

then it gives me 2 options.

Cancel or settings.

By clicking settings it does nothing. It takes you back to the previous screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion
48 REPLIES 48

hrym

In the first instance, have a look at the full manual for your device.   I can't find one on this site, but there is one out there.  I can't put in an external link, but if you Google "Smart Prime 6 User Manual", it should come up.

I have looked and can't find one anywhere as it's only come out recently. It may just be a glitch in the phone :smileysad:

hrym

Do you mean you can't find a manual?  I couldn't find one on the Vodafone site, but gsmarena has a download.  I can't post a link, but if you Google as I suggested, it should come up.   When I did it, it was the last thing on the first page.

I have looked and gsmarena does not have the smart prime 6 manual up yet, but looking at the all the other manuals, I am guessing it is a glitch so I will take it back! 

Thankyou for your help and patience! 

Nabs

@hrym wrote:

Do you mean you can't find a manual?  I couldn't find one on the Vodafone site, but gsmarena has a download.  I can't post a link, but if you Google as I suggested, it should come up.   When I did it, it was the last thing on the first page.

User manual available from the Vodafone site at the below link

http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/about/what/devices/smartprime6.html

thesoupdragon

Looking at the User manual Nabs has linked to from Vodafone.

It clearly shows the standard "Security" settings with all the usual Android goodness.

So it is definitely a firmware fault.

My personal opinion... I would never hold onto a faulty phone!

Edit:

Securitysettings:  from user manual

Settings_Security.png

I am having the exact same problem.  Every time I go into settings and click security option, it just goes back to the home screen.

The user manual is not available for this phone.

I guess I will be taking this phone back tomorrow

Same problem here as well. Also checked another prime 6 in store and both not able to lock/protect the device.

hrym

I've fed this back as a possible firmware glitch.

naithanbreen
Yes mine is exactly the same and I can not delete apps otherwise it restarts the phone !