Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and Android OS

arturox
4: Newbie

SWMBO has just moved to a Smartphone, it is run by Android.

I want to be able to back stuff from it to her PC for safety sake.

On my Nokia Smartphone this is easy peasy using a number of methods... Win file explorer, the 'Nokia Suit', or the App I purchased to get at everything, 'MobileEdit'.

Even though I have an Android Tablet, I don't find the Android OS particularly friendly or intuitively interfaced.

So she has a Vodafone Smart 4 Mini (VF 785), where does this poxy OS store Texts, MMS etc. As I can't find them anywhere on the phone using Win explorer.?

Thanks

Arturo X

PS: MobileEdit doesn't seem to be very happy trying to interface with Android phones... Maybe I'm missing something, dunno?

Ax

47 REPLIES 47

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi arturox,

Let us know what the issue is and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Ian

You already know Ian...   :smileyfrustrated:

Thread is: "Check, Edit my registered credit card details?"

URL to as far as the conversation has got in over a year...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go-services/Check-Edit-my-registered-credit-card-details/t...

Ax

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi arturox,

Please see the information on the last email we sent on 10 July.

As soon as there’s an update, the team will be in touch.

Many thanks,

Gemma

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've read that thread and posted on it.   It's a separate issue for which there is in fact an explanation.

As I understood, the issue you had here was fixed by the community, which is what we're here for.

Indeedy, and I expressed my thanks in message 37 of this thread.

Ax

hrym

@arturox wrote:

And in answer to a previous poster, all our really important data is backed first to a NAS, then a portable USB (Spinning rust) hardrive, then stored remotely (Away from the house) on sizeable Memory sticks).

Me too.   I usually quote Schofield's Law - data doesn't exist at all unless it exists in at least three places.

Thanks for the info on MobileEdit, but vcard exports from the phone, csv from Google and Excel from Outlook do fine for me. <g>

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases

You need to have the device rooted and turn on View Hidden Files. It's also a database file, so you won't be able to read them on the PC, only if you plant them into another rooted android device.

You can also use one of the many SMS cloud backup apps for the use purpose but with less rooting and mucking about.

No rooting, I won't even root my Tablet.  😞

Cloud is also totally out of the question, so I'll have to see if I can find a backup app that's totally free of Gmail, and totally out of the cloud.

Thanks for the thoughts and info, appreciated.

Ax