Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone mini screen problem

JamASharpe
2: Seeker
I bought a Vodafone mini as a backup phone as my galaxy s4 is in for repair again. I've had the mini for less than a month and already the screen has a 2 inch 'smudge' right down the middle. It's inside the actual screen and you can tell this by running your finger across it and the LCD stuff in the screen moves and returns back to the smudge. As I just bought the phone I'm not under any warranty and as such I'm not wanting to pay for this to be repaired.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I cannot believe that this has happened to this new phone so quickly.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JamASharpe,

Welcome to the eForum.

I’m sorry to see this’s happened.

You can see all information on our device warranty here.

There’s also further repair information available via the link.

Thanks,

Sarah

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The device should come with a warranty.   As it's less than a month old, it would be worth taking it back to where you bought it and trying the "not of merchantable quality" argument and asking for a replacement.  I normally advise getting a repair as the quicker option than arguing your consumer rights, but I think that in this instance you have a good case.  The phrase to use is "it's not of merchantable quality and I'm rejecting it".

JamASharpe
Well it looks like I've sorted it. I had a dynamic wallpaper on (bubbles) and I think it was causing the screen to get too hot and hence was causing strange anomalies. I've changed the wallpaper to a one of the normal default wallpapers and within about 3 hours, the problem was resolved.

Thanks all for your input.