Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone non contract pager.

EyeCloud
4: Newbie

I have a Vodafone non-contract pager and can send SMS to it from a Vodafone mobile (PAYG or Contract) but not from other mobile networks. Is that correct?

SMS sent from a Vodafone contract mobile come out of it's included text allowance when sending to the Vodafone non-contract pager - but sending from a Vodafone PAYG mobile costs 12p per message (even if I have a text messaging pack for say 500 SMS messages). Is that correct or should it be taking them out of the pack credits?

Thanks...

21 REPLIES 21

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @EyeCloud,

Your questions can be answered by our paging team.

You can call them on 03333 047547.

Thanks,

Matt

Was hoping to get an answer on the forum (so it may also help other people) - but will give them a call now.

[UPDATE] Called them - unfortunately they do not support the 'non-contract' pagers (which seem to start 07663) on that number - the guy I spoke to is trying to find the details of someone who does handle these that may be able to answer the questions and said would call me back.

[UPDATE 2] It's been about 24 hours and nothing yet ;-(

6 days since starting this thread - no further news and (after 3 days of waiting) no call back from the pager team.

Bit disappointing and rather defeats the point of having a forum ;-(

Hi @EyeCloud,

To look into this further, we'll need you to follow the instructions you've received via private message, to get in touch with my team via email.

Thanks,

Rodney  

I sent in all the details as requested about a week ago (and it's now two weeks since originally posting) but not heard anything back yet. Can you confirm they were received and all the information you require?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @EyeCloud 

I'm afraid I can't see any emails in from the address you registered here with.

If you used a different address, please let me know the [#9xxxxxx] reference number you got back on the delivery confirmation email.

If you didn't get a delivery confirmation message, please follow the instructions we sent again carefully.

Thanks,

Ben

Not sure what you mean by delivery confirmation messages...? I received a PM from Rodney (see above) that contained a web link and a reference number to quote in the subject. Did all this and heard nothing since.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

After you'd filled in the form, did you click the final Send button at (I think) the top right had corner of the landing page, which is in fact just an FAQ list?  If you don't do that, the message doesn't send.  I've been caught out that way myself.

Well I filled it in again just to be sure and it definitely said:

"Thank you for your query. In most cases we will respond within 48 hours.
Click to return to the support homepage."