Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mhlpete

Vodafone "easybox"

Hi Guys,

I recently moved to Germany from the UK and have subscribed to Vodafone Wireless Broadband, using the Vodafone EasyBox Router.

I"ve had massive problems in getting connected via my Wi-Fi enabled laptop. My laptop's attempted to remedy the situation but keeps advising me that it's unable the IP address and can"t connect to the internet, *the only prompt I was getting was advising that the "authentication process was connecting" all to no avail.

As you can see, I"m a bit of a novice here and not currently being able to speak German means I can't ring the support over here.

Help!!

Many thaqnks

Pete
Message 1 of 4 (4,619 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Vodafone "easybox"

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome to the eForum Family!

Hmmm, this could be a tricky one. To be honest, I'm only able to help with Vodafone UK services. :wacko:

The Viodafone Easybox Router isn't a service we provide over here in Blighty, am I right in thinking this is like a fixed line broadband or is it more like a mobile dongle plugged directly into your laptop? Vodafone Group as a whole will always try to support multiple languages for customer support, so the German contact centre should have access to English speaking agents just as we here in the UK support 30+ languages ourselves :)

Have you tried checking the German site here if you're wary of calling their customer care? I'd love to be able to help but I don't want to make a bad situation worse by second guessing myself. If you want to contact them online, you can use try this Free Translator to fill in their contact form (I've used this translator myself a fair few times ;) ). Let me know how you get on all the same!

Cheers, Ben
eForum Team
Message 2 of 4 (4,619 Views)
sgilboy

Vodafone "easybox"

Hi Guys,

I recently moved to Germany from the UK and have subscribed to Vodafone Wireless Broadband, using the Vodafone EasyBox Router.

I"ve had massive problems in getting connected via my Wi-Fi enabled laptop. My laptop's attempted to remedy the situation but keeps advising me that it's unable the IP address and can"t connect to the internet, *the only prompt I was getting was advising that the "authentication process was connecting" all to no avail.

As you can see, I"m a bit of a novice here and not currently being able to speak German means I can't ring the support over here.

Help!!

Many thaqnks

Pete
Message 3 of 4 (4,619 Views)
sgilboy

Vodafone "easybox"

Hi Pete,

I am intimately aware of your problem.
I spent a long time messing around with it...but I got
it to work... today no less.
The information I got from the shop was not great
and my German does not extend to the technical stuff.

I have a Cisco Linksys Router.
I called Linksys set up procedure on the web using the Vodafone
USB stick..so a mobile internet link.

Cable from any Lan port on Easybox802 to the Internet Port
on the Router

Then cable router to computer.

Reset button on the router.

And then it should work. You may have to redo
setup again with your software.

Then you can disconnect the cable to computer
and use your Wan stick

Hope this helps...I dont know all the buzz words as I am