cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart 4 (not mini) flash not working.

hedge73
2: Seeker
Phone less than 3 weeks old and the flash, and torch, have randomly stopped working! Have tried rebooting and taking the battery out, but to no avail.....

Can anyone help please, thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Have you recently installed any apps that may interfere with the flash? It is possibly a hardware fault and you'll need to send the device off for repair, more details in the link below :

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&LEVEL_ID=0&PARTITION_ID=...

PWIAC

hedge73
Thanks Drey, have checked my apps, will do a reset, and if that fails head to a shop!

Hi there mate did you get this problem fixed as mine is doing the same many thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hakken69,

Please try the steps above.

If they isue remains, take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

hedge73
No joy with the flash, it woyld seem to be inferior, no doubt if you send it for repair you'll have to pay, will be your fault. I don't understand why phones seem to have different ryles re refunds and warranties.
I've had many other problems too, alarm doesn't work anymore so I have a third party one installed, apps keep closing for no reason, the internet forces close constantly, it's just a poor phone and even after factory reset the same problems are there. Very poor phone all round, glad I only went payg.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If it's a fault, it'll be repaired under warranty.  If there's evidence of damage, you'll be charged.  In those cases, the advice is always to go to the manufacturer, who will take a more pragmatic view.   However, in this case, the manufacturer is Vodafone, of course.   I wouldn't assume there's going to be a charge until you've been told there will be.

hedge73: have you tried running the phone vanilla, with no other apps installed, after a reset?  The Smart 4 mini is an entry-level phone with limited resources which are easily stretched.  I've been trying out a Smart 4 Power for a while and have been trying to get it to wilt under quite a lot of pressure (unsuccessfully).   One thing I did find was that giving it more storage with an sd card made a huge difference.