Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart mini no messaging notification sound

steve3005
4: Newbie

In my new Smart Mini phone I cannot activate sound/vibrate notification for SMS messages.

In settings; sound:

The ringtone and notifications & media volume is set to maximum

Silent mode is off

I have changed the phone ringtone and default notification sttings

I have turned the phone off and on several times

The vibrate and ring box is checked

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

OK, one final thing before we go down the factory reset route.   Go into Settings|Apps|All, find the one for messaging and do Clear Data on it.  Fingers crossed :smileywink:

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

If you tap on the ringtone in the list in Settings, do you get a sample sound then?  If not, do any of the sounds work?  It's also having a look at the settings in the messaging app itself, just in case something there is conflicting.

Hi

Yes all the ringtones work fine. The phone rings and vibrates for calls as per settings, but is completely silent and does not vibrate for text messages. I have checked the settings for messages, the notification setting is set to both sound and vibrate so in theory there should be both sound and vibration when a text is received. 

hrym

OK, one final thing before we go down the factory reset route.   Go into Settings|Apps|All, find the one for messaging and do Clear Data on it.  Fingers crossed :smileywink:

Tried that, no change

Also found an uninstalled configuration message dating back to 2012 (pre phone ownership) - I installed this as well, no change

Changed the ring tone for message notification as well - no change

So I bit the bullet and did a factory reset - problem solved.

Thank you so much for giving your time, much appreciated.