Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Water damage - not covered by warranty

harg7769
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I got caught in a bit of a down pour yesterday and ended up soaked, as did my phone unfortunately. When I tried to switch it on this morning, there was nothing. I phoned customer services who told me that I should take it into a Vodafone shop for return to be repaired as it was still under warranty.

When I took it into the shop, the sales assistant took one look at it and said as it was water damage, it wouldn't be repaired as this isn't included. The best thing to do is leave it in an airing cupboard for a few days and "hope it dries out". If it doesn't, I am basically stuck with 15 months left on a contract and no phone. That can't be right, can it?

I would understand if I had dropped the phone but it was in my pocket. Do I have any chance of getting this repaired under warranty? If not, is there a copy of the warranty that I can read through to see what the exclusions are?

Thanks for any help.

harg7769
20 REPLIES 20

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi steflongstaff,

I'm glad you managed to get the phone looked at. The quotes provided previously would have covered any repair work, cleaning, couriering and any other work needed on your phone.

The official repairs process is an option, but by no means the only route. If customers decide to shop around for a repair, then this is of course available.

To confirm, if the external moisture indicators have changed, the warranty is no longer valid. Regardless of the solution, a repair from that point would normally be charged. You can find more details here.

Cheers, Ben