cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where can I find drivers and s/w for V710?

dusty_bin
1: Seeker

As subject.  I am trying to find the s/w for XP to get my picture files transferred from my Vodafone 710 phone.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dusty_bin, 

You need the disc that came with the phone to install the drivers. 

I'm not sure if we have the PC assistant software that you need (if you don't have the disc). I'll double check this and get an answer for you on Monday. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dusty_bin,

I'm afraid I've been unable to track down a soft copy of the software. The userguide doesn't offer the option to download either.

When you connect your phone via USB, are you able to see the onboard memory as a drive under 'My Computer'? If so, you can drag and drop files from here. 

Many folders that handle pictures on phones are titled DCIM, so keep an eye out or search for this folder in your Windows toolbar. :Winking_smiley:

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers, 

Ben

Hello

Thanks looking into this for me.  I was expecting to receive the usb cable by now but just received an email saying my order had been cancelled as it was no longer in stock, so I guess I'll see if anyone else has one, otherwise I shall need to see if I can get a dongle for my conputer to link up via bluetooth.

Do you know if the phone definitely came with a CD?  I don't recall one, but it was a long time ago and I might well be mistaken...

Anyway, if you don't have the s/w, do you have a contact at Huawei who might be able to help?  I did look on the Vodafone support page for this phone but there was no s/w listed - and I couldn't find this phone on the Huawei website, but may be because it is a Vodafone branded device?

Thanks again, and hope you can find something.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dusty_bin,

As Ben’s mentioned, we’re unable to find the software with it being a phone from 2006.

You could try searching via Google for the software.

I hope you get this sorted.

Thanks,

Gemma

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Looking at the spec for what I think is the correct device, it appears to have an email client.  Could you simply email the relevant items to yourself?

Thanks everyone for your help and ideas. I have given up trying to find a cable for now - the company (m99) that I orginally tried to buy it from doesn't answer their phone, so I can't find out why they cancelled my order. I looked on the web but couldn't find the 710 version of PC assistant - apart from a torrent that didn't seem to work, and some other download files that AVG said were infected. As for bluetooth, I got a dongle for my computer and was able to transfer files to/from my Nokia 3109c using the native XP drivers for the dongle but it wouldn't work either way with the V710 - it paired OK but would time-out when I tried to transfer files. My guess is it needs PC assistant to work. I didn't try the email suggestion, but I have managed to get a memory card that is compatible, so I think we shall end up using that - although it will take a bit of time transferring the files across from the phone memory to the card memory. Thanks again