cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whyis there no kindle forum, online or telephone support?

Kindleuser
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a kindle fire user who has long thrown away the packaging, so all the sim info, which I never thought I would need.

I tried vodaphone for a free months trial, found it okay, and decided i might use when I go on holidays.

But when the time came, I had forgotten my user name to purchase a new package, and discovered there is no way to retrieve it without the sim number. No problem, i would just need to contact vodaphone Amazon told me, with my serial number. But, Vodaphone does not publicize a contact number, and it’s help menu doesn’t include kindle enquiries. The number Amazon gave me was defunct and the one number I was able to locate through a internet search, similarly had no kindle enquiry option. Pressing 0 or # key just got me disconnected. Amazon themselves were not able to help because the 4G contract is actually with vodaphone.

Dead end, everyway I tried.

3 hours later, and a lot of checking technical details, etc, I have finally purchased a new prepay sim from a different company that allows me to roam at home or abroad for the same price. Amazon assure that’s it’s compatible with the kindle and I have learnt how to access the Kindle’s sim port. Problem, hopefully, solved.

I can not believe though, that with vodaphone having a unique contact with Amazon to provide 4G connection for the Kindle that the company totally fails to support Amazon customers.

Definitely puts me off ever looking at vodaphone for other services. My current mobile provider is very easy to contact by phone, and my new kindle provider have excellent live chat support.

Vodaphone take note – you could do it better!

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you don't get the specific option you want on 191 (Vodafone don't support the Kindle, so there won't be a dedicated option for that), just choose something that's likely to get you an operator - normally none of the balance/payment options as they tend to be automated.  If the person on the line can't help you, they should be able to transfer you to someone who can.  Failing that, LiveChat should be able to help.  All the contact options are at the bottom of the page.

If you draw a blank there, the Tech Team here should be able to help, but they'll take up  to 48 hours to respond.

Personally, I always keep a note of things like user names.  You think it's all set up and done, then suddenly, it wants them all over again!

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kindleuser,

We're normally able to locate accounts through registered postcodes. This comes in handy if you do not have any of the account information.

As hrym has mentioned, we don't have a specific menu for the Kindle but once you're through to an agent, they'll be able to assist, or get you transferred through to the right team.

Thanks,

Matt B