Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

blacklisted

etoe
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI,

i have had LG g3 phone bought from Dubai in Aug 2014 and last night the phone stopped working, i am with virgin who advised vodafone blacklisted the phone. went to vodafone customer service 8 times where the last time the cs adviser said to take it into store with the box who can unlock this. what happens they cant do anything..  need to know why my phone is locked and how do i get this unlocked..

no one can do anything as i dont have a vodafone account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The situation is quite simple but not helpful to you.

Unless you are the person that asked Vodafone to blacklist the phone, the provisions of the data protection act, as well as measures to prevent fraud, will prevent Vodafone from talking to you in any way. They won't give you any information as to why the phone has been blocked nor who requested the block.

I suspect that someone got a phone as an upgrade and sold it right away. They had insurance, and waited three or four months, and then reported it stolen.

It's a common scam I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

thanks - also i have taken this phone to a vodafone shop as per advise of customer service.  The person at the shop scrutinised the phone and box and confirmed its not a vodafone phone

jeffkinn

Now that is a mysterey. Why would Vodafone blacklist a phone that wasn't sold by them and wasn't being used on their network?

Have you checked the phone on http://www.checkmend.com/uk/ to make sure that Vodafone is responsible?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It could be possible the incorrect IMEI was entered when Vodafone was trying to blacklist another phone.

I would wait for the Forum Team to get in touch as they should be able to check it out for you.

was speaking to a vodaphone customer service rep who transferred me to another team, very very unhelpful person tried to flog me off with we will need to send a new Sim when i said i have a new Sim. then tried to say cant help me as not a vodafone customer, requested to speak with a manager and he hung up.. so so so bad worst customer service ever