Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

extend number of rings before going to voicemail

rudraksh2005
Not applicable
Hi,I want to extend the duration of the rings before the call goes to voicemail. Have already looked up voicemail help which gives a code to be entered- where is it entered, a phone call/ text or what.
Any help appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Moderat
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello rudraksh2005,

Thanks for your post on the eForum. Help with your question can be found at the below link:

Voicemail Ring Duration

If this doesn’t answer your query, let us know and we’ll get a member of the eForum team to investigate this further for you.

Thanks

eForum Fast Response

rudraksh2005
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.
I had already read that link- my question really was where in the process do i input the code given on the help page- does it go after i call my own voicemail,is it a text or a phone call?
Thanks

Hello rudraksh2005,

Thanks for your post on the eForum. Help with your question can be found at the below link:

Voicemail Ring Duration

If this doesn’t answer your query, let us know and we’ll get a member of the eForum team to investigate this further for you.

Thanks

eForum Fast Response

nbriscoeuk2
4: Newbie
You type the code as if you were making a phone call. So enter it just like a phone number. On some phones you won't even need to press the call key as the phone will recognise the code - but if not - press the call key as you would when dialling a number.

Regards
Neil

Retired-Albert_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello rudraksh2005

First class information from nbriscoeuk2. Many thanks

This is exactly how to do it.

Take care
Albert
eForum team

I was told to enter code **61*121*30#, and to enter this as if I were making an outgoing call, I did this, it didn't recognise code so I pressed the call button it seemed to accept it, so I rang my phone to check and it didn't extend it at all, is there an updated call? Cant I ring someone at vodafone and get them to do it, this is driving me insane so much I am thinking of leaving vodafone before I go absolutely mad!!!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ToniMurdoch,

Please see below for how to change the length of time before your calls go to voicemail:

1. Enter **61*121*11*

2. Then enter the number of seconds you'd like your phone to ring for (it has to be between 5 and 30 in a multiple of 5), followed by #.

3. For example, if you want to set if for 25 seconds, you’d enter **61*121*11*25#, then press call.

4. We'll send you a message to let you know your ring time has been set.

Thanks,

Gemma

tonytango
13: Advanced Member

will this work on a galaxy note 3 ?

blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tonytango,

Yes this should work as it’s a network command.

Take a look here for further help with this. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny