Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lost photos

sarah12
2: Seeker
Please help.my mum owns a Vodafone smart 4 mini, she has suddenly lost all her photos that autosave to the device from whatsap conversations. The conversations remain on the phone but the pics that have been sent are misted. When you click on them it says that the media file does nor exist on the SD card. I tried installing a disk digger to see if this would retrieve them but that app when opened says it cannot detect internal memory and the device may not be rooted properly. The phone does not have a mini SD card in situ. Please help as all photos of the new grandson are gone.

Sarah
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sarah12

There's normally a separate folder for WhatsApp pictures. 

If you can't see this in the photo gallery, please press Menu>View. 

This should then give you the options of the different folders. 

Thanks, 

Kay

sarah12
Thanks for your help but it only comes up with an option for camera photos not whatsap. No option to view.

Regards sarah

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Smart range has very little internal memory and an sd card is pretty much an essential.   The operating system should incorporate it neatly into the general memory pool.  I suspect that the device has simply run out of space, but with luck, the pictures may still be there but there just aren't the resources to display them

Start by clearing out as much content as you can.   Delete any downloads and other photos you don't want and uninstall a few apps.   If the pictures come back, job done and you can put in a sd card, copy them there and make sure that's where they're stored in future.  You should also be able to put your content (to the sd card) and apps back.

If you still can't see the pictures, try using the file manager (there should be one built in) to explore all the folders.  I'd look for one called whatsapp for a start :smileywink:.

It sounds as though the recovery program you used would only work on a rooted device and you shouldn't be going down that route.