Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

mobile wifi launches unwanted new browser window automatically

nhojkins
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently purchased a Vodafone mobile wifi R206 base station as a temporary solution to get online on my laptop while waiting for my ISP to hook up my home connection.

I no longer use my mobile wifi base station but my browser (be it Safari or Chrome) on my Macbook Pro always launches a new tab/window when the laptop awakes from sleep, or boots up for the first time or basically any time the mac detects a wifi signal (from my home hardline connection wifi) if does this.

I don't even have the mobile wifi turned on and it does this. I no longer want to use the mobile wifi at all.

I've tried clearing the cache in my browsers, I've reset safari, I've uninstalled the vodafone mobile wifi application (on all user accounts on my Mac) and reinstalled and uninstalled again, no change. 

I'm at a loose end as to how to stop this - it is very annoying to have a new tab unnecessarily open every time I open my laptop. I've seen other people having similar problems on the Australian forum just by googling the problem: http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Windows-Phone-Mobile-Broadband/Pocket-Wifi-Application-Window/td...

Hopefully this is a known bug that I just can't seem to find the solution to - I'm sure it was solved offline for the people mentioned in the thread I've linked to. Something is causing it to instantly launch a new window - when it launches it goes to vodafonemobile.wifi and asks for login details for the Huawei router.

Please help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nhojkins,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

I can't say I've seen examples of this before, but I've never used a mac with an R206.

Please let me know if you've had the latest version of the software for the unit before you've uninstalled it. 

Also have you uninstalled the software from the parent login on the Mac? 

Thanks,

Ben