Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

moto g 4g sd card

johndoran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi

i   recently   bought  a  moto g 4g   from  the  online  store,   when  i   inserted     my  nokia  sd  card  into   phone   and  powered  it  up  i  could  see  the  phone   had   recognised  the  card  with  no  problems,  i  then   went  into  the  storage  settings  and  set  it   that  the  sd  card  would  be  used  to  store  my  data,

after  taking   some  photos  i  checked  to  see   if  they  stored onto  the  sd  card  which  they  did ,

but   once  i  started  to  take  video  it  would  come  up  on  the  screen  that  the  phone  was  switching  to  internal  memory  and  after  checking  where  the  video  was  stored  it  was  in  fact  on  the  internal  memory

when   i  went  back  into  the  settings  i can  see   the  settings  have  reverted   back  to  internal   memory  settings  so  i  would  change  them  back  to  sd  card  memory  settings,

so  again   i  took  photos  and  they   would   store  on  the  sd  card  as  i  wanted,  but  again  as  soon  as  i  switch  to  video  recorder    it  would  come  up  on  screen  that  it  was  switching  to  internal  memory,  and  after  checking  where   this  video  was  stored  it  was  as  suspected  on  the  internal  memory,

for  some  reason  it  appears  that  the  phone  does  not  want  to  record  video  directly  onto   the  sd  card

(  video   that  was  recorded  onto  the  internal   memory  can  be  manually transferred  onto  the  sd  card   if  i  go  into  storage  setting  and  copy  it  across  though   but  recording  directly  onto  the  sd  card  seems  to  be  a  problem )

any  suggestions    thanks   john

11 REPLIES 11

if    i   buy  a  new   sd  card  is  there  anyone  you  could  please    recommend  ?

thanks  john

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Personally, I'd go for Kingston or Sandisk and also buy from a known supplier.  If you're using Amazon, stick to them and avoid Marketplace.  Not all the independent sellers are supplying dodgy units - in fact, most aren't, but you're pretty much certain than anything you buy from Amazon will be genuine.