Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

my smart mini won't rotate

smurphy91
2: Seeker
I got this 3days ago and no matter what I do it won't rotate at all! Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? It's really irritating now
5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

There should be an option within settings to turn this on or off.   The online version of the manual is just the Getting Started guide as far as I can see, so if the information's not there, it'll be trian and error.  Start under the settings for display.

smurphy91
Yeah, its turned on but the screen still won't rotate

hrym

Is that anywhere or only in specific apps?  Some have the ability to over-ride the default setting, though usually also the option to turn off or on within their own settings.

smurphy91
Some games do it automatically but I can't do it for videos on YouTube or in my gallery, or if I'm typing a text message or email

hrym

One possibility would be to toggle the setting and see if that changes anything.  Even if it doesn't, change it back again as that may sort it.  It's also just possible that it's a memory issue.  The Smart Mini isn't overburdened in that area, as far as I'm aware.  You can free some up by clearing call logs and unwanted SMS and also uninstalling any apps you don't use, or use much.   You referred to games, which can be quite large and take up a lot of space.  Also move any photos or music to an sd card if that's possible.

If it works in some cases, I very much doubt it's a hardware problem.