Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nearly new - time limit?

quotethepigeon
4: Newbie
Have been pondering a new handset for a while now as i can upgrade july 20th.
Was very keen on the blackberry q10 however its suddenly been taken off of the device page and can only be found on the nearly new page. Is there usually a set time period that phones are sold as nearly new or is there a strong chance it'll still be available come july?
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Unfortunately you are asking a question that really needs a crystal ball and mine just broke LOL.  Nearly new phones are trypically those that have been returned during the 7 day cooling off period.  Whether Vodafone have stock or not in July is hard to say - my personal guess is that they will have run out by then but this does depend on how many unites they have in stock and how popular they are.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you want a Q10 and don't mind having a returned device, order now as they won't last long.  If the Q10 has been discontinued, that's how it'll stay.  Nearly-new devices have been checked over and have the same warranty as completely new one, if that's a concern.

quotethepigeon
4: Newbie
Alas . I just have to hope they stay in stock as my upgrade date is July ... 😞

hrym

If you're dead set, there is the option to pay off your current contract.   The cost is your monthly rate less VAT and a 2% discount.  You have to allow for non-complete months, but a quick calculation on that basis should help you decide whether to pursue the idea.