Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nexus 5 internet settings

sheilab6
1: Seeker
Hi, I downloaded the latest android is update. When trying to follow instructions regarding manually updating internet settings, the Vodafone web site was useless. Can Vodafone please get google not to wipe internet settings out in an update and also make sure you have clear help on you web site how to restore these. I am pretty frustrated at your lack of help when I tried to phone, being sent in a circle round your automated system for it then to hang up on me. I can appreciate google have generated this problem but Vodafone if they are going to be left to deal with this should make it easier for customers to get in touch
2 REPLIES 2

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Typically you can get a text message to reinstall the settings if anything has changed. If nothing has come through then text WEB to 40127. This will send your internet settings to your phone meaning you don't have to enter them manually. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

sheilab6
1: Seeker
Not in this case, all had to be done manually. Vodafone dont even recognise google as a device manufacturer, and I had to find the settings on the web