Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

setting up SD card storage

aslan777
2: Seeker
Hi new smart4 turbo phone and just inserted a new 32 GB micro SD card..still saying memory on device full...plus when trying to download my Spotify library its saying syncing stopped due to insufficient space...why won't the SD card work??? Can anyone help ? ???
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

Go into the main Settings menu and scroll down to storage.   Is the phone seeing the card?  It should show the amounts used and available.  You can also make sure that the card is set as default storage for things like downloads and photos (if that's not set, it could explain the Spotify problem).  When I used one with a Smart 4 Power, the phone treated it as part of the main memory rather than an add-on, which is why I'd like to make sure it's recognising it in the first place.

You can move content with the built-in file manager.   You can also move some apps to the card and you may need to do that manually.  Again in Settings, go to Apps and open them individually.   There's be a prominent Move to Card button for all the ones that are compatible.

aslan777
Tried that..it is showing but symbol on phone still showing as no storage.. How do I make SD card default setting? I think it is counting it as part of phone memory? .. I'm not technically minded lol

hrym

On the Smart 4 Power, the options were there in Settings|Storage and were tick-boxes as far as I remember.   To access the options, look for three dots at the top right or three lines at the top left and tap there.

It almost sounds as though the phone isn't recognising the card.   If you go into the built-in file manager, can you see it there?   There should be options for Internal Storage and SD Card.  If not, try reseating the card - for safety, turn the phone off before taking it out and putting it back in.  If it's still not recognised, there may be a problem.  Your best bet, in that case, would be to take the whole thing into a Vodafone shop and ask them to have a look for you.   They'll either be able to get you sorted or confirm that the card is faulty/incompatible and supply another one.