Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

some nexus 6 questions

Mozza76
6: Helper
6: Helper
Had the nexus 6 today to play with, and have a couple of questions which I wondered of anyone had sussed out yet.

Email client= I used one on my note3 called "email" and really liked it.. I think it was the stock sammy one.. You could delete in bulk, it sent reliable push messages etc. The one on the nexus is the old gmail app Erich you put your hotmail acc on too.. But I can't make it not vibrate and go in the tray for notifications, even though I've set it up not to vibrate.
What does everyone else use?

I've got a circle with a line diagonal through it in the tray at the top, like a no service icon.. Yet I've got service, and no sign when I pull the tray down.

Is it actually waterproof? There are no grommets for the sockets, but I'm sure that was originally touted.

4 REPLIES 4

offroadermike
4: Newbie
The little circle thing is the no notifications icon.

With the phone in standby (screen off) press the power button so the screen lights up, then the volume button, then tap all!

Hope that makes sense, lol.

As for email, I only really use gmail, so the app just works for me.

The phone has a water resistant nanocoating. Rain, a splash of water, etc are fine but I wouldn't suggest submerging it. I don't think it has ever been advertised as waterproof, just water resistant.

Anyone's nexus 6 screen cracked. Had mine just under one month. It was in my side pocket, in its protective case with no keys in the pocket!! Anyone had anything like this?

offroadermike
4: Newbie
Ouch, hope you got insurance!