Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sonim xp7

d4c24a
2: Seeker

Hi new to the forum , did try to ring voda but the automated system is terrible ,when i finally did get through i could not hear them well enough to understand what they were saying 

i have a quick question that i hope someone will be able to help with , i have purchased one of these phones , have used sonim for over 6  years now and needed to upgrade ,so got one of these unlocked via an indegogo campain by sonim , i will recive mine soon but can wait until summer for a full eruopean version with more languages etc if i want 

but i do not see the point as i only need english for language , i just want to check that it will work on the networks gsm etc 

http://www.sonimtech.ca/xp7/xp7_features.php#tag

thanks graham

3 REPLIES 3

sonimcs

Hi Graham! I am working at Sonim and saw your post about the XP7. Just by checking the datasheet against the publicly available information about network frequency bands used by Vodafone, the XP7 as it is being sold right now in Canada will work for GSM, and probably also for 3G coverage. But looking at all of the LTE bands supported by the XP7, only the 2600 MHz band lines up with what I could find out about Vodafone UK. And I'm not even sure if they started using that range yet. Before you get the XP7, you should check with Sonim if a customized version is in the works that would give you better LTE coverage.

Beste Grüße

-Andreas

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There's a list of Vodafone frequencies in this Wikipedia entry, if that helps.

Had a small hicup with the phone that was sorted in the end , (replaced) other than that it is great , 5 days on a charge for a smart phone switched on 24/7 with a bit of facebook etc going on is unbelieveable , more than happy with it