Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone smart 111

eeyores61
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A new icon has suddenly appeared on my vodafone smart 111 which didn't disappear after restarting the phone. It's top left of the display and is a circle with an i in it. Why has it appeared and what does it mean? Am hoping it's not some kind of virus. Can you help?

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Have you swiped down from the top to see what it means - it should show it in the pull down menu.

PWIAC

Hi,

thanks for replying,

yes, swiping down there's nothing there (other than the alarm icon which I usually have there). But now you've got me thinking, because usually the alarm icon is also top left of the display, exactly where  the i in a circle is now. The alarm I use is an app, 'alarm clock xtreme' - does that help?

drey_p

Does the uninstalling the alarm app you use remove the symbol?

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Two other things:

1. A virus probably wouldn't announce itself that prominently.

2. Can you go into Settings|Apps and look at the list of what's installed?  That should tell you what the app is called and you can then look it up on Google Play and find out what it does.

Thank you all for your interest and help. When I was checking settings I noticed a button saying 'notification alert' which I must have inadvertantly pressed which resulted in the i in a circle. Just pressed it again and it magically disappeared. Plus side is I now have avg mobile installed. Thanks again folks!