cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

will a sim free unlocked Vodafone device work with an Israeli Sim card?

zoee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

would love to get myself one of the older vodafone mobiles (considering the VF533 maybe) and live in Israel, and since we haven't got a vodafone spot over here, I've got to ask a few questions.

first, will it even accept an Israeli SIM? my carrier here in Israel is Orange.

Now I know that my own carrier won't be able to support me whenever I'm gonna need any kind of tech support with this kind of device, since it isn't listed in my country. -will I be able to get any kind of support from Vodafone through the internet or somehow else?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello zoee

The Vodafone 533 was a Vodafone exclusive and if you are able to get one, unless the phone was already unlocked, it would be locked to Vodafone UK.    The phone would also have all the Vodafone branding.

Vodafone would not be your network in Israel and would be unable to give you any help or support.

If you do a search of the website, there are some support pages for the phone which are now in archive.

I do understand that having a vodafone device won't make me into a vodafone costumer, since it won't be able to be my own Network. but are all Vodafone mobile phones locked to Vodafone only? as I get it, it still is possible to unlock them somehow, like you said using a vodafone sim for example (I'm gonna buy an unlocked one, on ebay I suppose, or even ask the seller to unlock that for me)

so my question is, in case that I got an unlocked sim free vodafone's mobile phone, am I gonna be any able to use it with my own country's SIM card? eventhough there is no vodafone network based in here

besides that, I would also like to know if are these older mobiles manufactured by Vodafone (not looking for a smartphone) - are they available for sale through any other place but ebay.co.uk?

thank you for your help, much appreciated

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi zoee,

Apologies, we appear to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if we can help further.

Best wishes,

Jenny