Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal due to vodafone mess up.

mike89
4: Newbie
I have recently moved from pay monthly to pay as you go. I have been left without any signal on this number and after about 10 calls to CS, I am still no closer to getting this resolved. It is a very important number and no calls or texts are able to come through and is causing logistical and financial issues.

Can someone from technical team help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mike89

When you change from pay monthly to PAYG, due to 30 days notice for pay monthly, the number should have moved after the notice period.

Vodafone should have sent a new SIM for PAYG by post with the number and the SIM would have needed to be topped up before purchasing  a bundle, you would then have been able to start using the service.

If you have not received the new SIM, it may be worth having a live chat, they shoud be able to locate the account and give the confirmation of the change to PAYG.

If you do get this solved with live chat, come back to the forum and one of the Team will pick this up for you.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mike89

What has Cs advised what's happened ?

We have Vodafone Tech Teams here who read all posts. Please be patient while they reach yours. 

I hope this is resolved asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

A search on the Community Forum yielded this thread. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-account-specific/Porting-number-switching-from-PAYG-to-P...

Message 9.

"I went to Vodafone store today and together with Vodafone shop assistant we had 40 min conversation with Customer Support.
It turned out that there is a bug in Vodafone system:
overall system shows that the migration from PAYG to PayMonthly is completed. However (as the Vodafone representative showed to me on the screen of his desktop) there is still one operation pending to be done - to switch off Simply tariff plan (i.e. PAYG). Until this is done I won't have any service.
There's internal conflict in Vodafone system "migration completed vs switching off PAYG hasn't been done
"."

Current Phone  >

mike89
Hi @BandOfBrothers,

Bit of a long story, but I'll try and keep it short as possible.

In Jan 2017 I contacted CS to cancel my PayM to revert to PayG. I agreed to pay termination fee. Earlier this month rang as it hadn't happened and advised it would be done by midnight the day I rang. Half a week later I rang again as not done and told it could take up to another 72 hours. About 5 days passed and still no luck. I rang them again and was advised that they cancellation was never processed and that it wasn't going to be completed until March for definite. Few days after I rang number was cut off. Rang CS service and advised number was cut off and never due to be reverted to PayG. It seems that number has been reactivated, but still no signal. I haven't been told if it was original sim that has been reactivated or a new one.

Been told that it has been done and number should be active, but still no signal. I have tried the usual off and on and swapping phones but no joy.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mike89

What a sequence of events ! :Sad_face:

Please let the Team here catch up with your thread. 

It maybe that the SIM card is defunct meaning some form of sim swap is needed to move your number to a new Payg specific SIM card. I'd strongly suggest exploring that avenue at a Vodafone Store and not the online form avenue. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @mike89

When you change from pay monthly to PAYG, due to 30 days notice for pay monthly, the number should have moved after the notice period.

Vodafone should have sent a new SIM for PAYG by post with the number and the SIM would have needed to be topped up before purchasing  a bundle, you would then have been able to start using the service.

If you have not received the new SIM, it may be worth having a live chat, they shoud be able to locate the account and give the confirmation of the change to PAYG.

If you do get this solved with live chat, come back to the forum and one of the Team will pick this up for you.

mike89
Hi @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I have managed to get it sorted. I was able to get to a vodafone store and was sorted in a couple of minutes. A rep in store ported the number to a new sim card and got it working immediately.

Why do CS on the phone not tell us that a PayM sim cannot be transferred to PayG system and visa versa. It would have saved my many calls and hours to get no where and would have been sorted in a matter of minutes\days.

AnnS I was advised that Vodafone don't send activated sims through the post in case it is delivered to wrong address. Not sure if this is correct, especially as almost everything I have been told in the last couple of weeks by V seemed to be rubbish.

Either way it is now sorted.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome @mike89

Im happy to hear my suggestion to Sim Swap helped.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >