Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Cannot Roam in UAE

business_user1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, has vodafone blocked all roaming in UAE? My phone stopped working in UAE towards he end of June and I returned to the UK, everything was fine. Now I am back in the UAE (I travel to and from the UK often), and roaming still doesn't work. I used livechat and was assure it will work again in 24hr, that was several days ago. 

Roaming in other countries is fine. This is a Vodafone UK PAYG number not roaming in the UAE. There are no roaming bars on my account, I have checked online.

Please can you help?

33 REPLIES 33

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Good Evening. 

Is it possible that the local Network itself is having issues ? Are you able to manually choose a different Network ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

For whatever reason PAYG phones will not work in the UAE at all. Only contract phones do.

I have no idea why (my wife has just been in Dubai with her contract phone and it was fine) and I don't know if it applies to all networks.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yes I tried switching to du or etisalat manually but no luck on either network.

It seems both UAE cell networks have blocked Vodafone PAYG SIMs from roaming. A bit of transparency on this issue from Vodafone UK would be nice.

Can someone from Vodafone comment on this? Is it likely to change? Are your PAYG SIMs going to be allowed to roam in the UAE again? I can't even edit my call forward settings now - I'm stuck unless I go somewhere else soon with roaming or back to the UK again.

This is bad news for UK expats in the UAE.

Does anyone know if any other network's PAYG SIMs roam in the UAE, or if this is specific to Vodafone?

Thank you.

Hi

You're Welcome for our replies. 

I think we'll need one of the Vodafone Tech members of Staff to look into this and officially clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@business_user1

Thanks for your post, we'll get this looked into and be back in touch once we can clarify the details.

Thank you, please do clarify this.

Kind Regards.

There was another post regarding this issue.

If it is true that PAYG cannotroam in UAE, then it has to be some setting at Vodafone end as UAE networkswill not be able to tell if one is on PAYM or PAYG.

@business_user1

I can confirm that Pay as you go customer will be unable to roam in the UAE.

There are no current plans to change this.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for confirming. In this case, I will move my number to another network that offers UAE roaming.

Kind Regards.