Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PLEASE HELP Talkmobile Vodafone Split Port

KH0
3: Seeker

In August of 2016 I asked Vodafone for a PAC code to transfer my number from PAYG phone, which I wanted to transfer to a Talkmobile (TM) contract that I had taken out in May 2016. I received the PAC code in August 2016 and telephoned TM to apply the transfer code. All went well with the transfer and after having my phone off as instructed for 24 hours my old number was then active on the TM network as one would expect.

As TM is a virtual network provider using the Vodafone network everything is similar except when dialing 191 or 121 you get TM profile voice prompts rather than the normal Vodafone prompts if you were an actual Vodafone customer.

In October 2016 I started to receive billing texts from Vodafone and then a text saying a SIM swap was in progress. The next day my number was disconnected from the TM network, however, if I called my number it was answered by a PAYG user on the Vodafone network. I called Vodafone who asked me for the account details for the number, I explained to customer support that I had transferred my number to TM in August and asked what was going on. I was told that I would have to take this up with TM as my information was not that registered to the current account holder of my number on the Vodafone network. I asked for some clarification of what had happened and was told that the transfer of my number did not happen from their records and that they has re-issued my number to another user on the Vodafone network. I was advised to contact TM and to explain the situation and they would be able to speak to the porting team at Vodafone and resolve the situation.

I contacted TM at the end of October 2016 explained the situation, and after many calls and a month going by, I was issued a new SIM and was then reconnected to the TM network once more. I was advised by TM that the other user on the Vodafone network would be issued a new number and the problem would not re-occur.

In early December I noticed that all the voice prompts had changed once again to Vodafone style, and two days later I received another bill text from Vodafone and then later the same day another SIM swap in progress text. My phone was disconnected from the TM network the next day, and once again I could dial my number and speak to the Vodafone user who had been issued my number. Once again I contacted TM and asked them to get this sorted out once and for all. I was disconnected for a further 3 weeks before I received a phone call from a TM senior manager to say that they had been notified by Vodafone that the issue had been resolved and a new SIM was on its way and after activation no further issues would be experienced. Just before Christmas 2016 I was activated back on the TM network. 

Everything went well until mid January 2017 when another repeat performance was experienced, Bill texts from Vodafone, followed by a SIM swap message and then a disconnection from the Vodafone network.

This time I was disconnected until early February, I was assured by TM that Vodafone had finally sorted out all the issues and no further problems would occur. A new SIM was issued by TM and I was reconnected to the TM network and have had no further issues until today.

Today 28th February 2017 I have once again received a text with the billing information for the Vodafone user with my number. Two hours later I received another text thanking me for requesting a SIM swap and if I did not request this swap to phone a number. I tried calling the number but when I am prompted to enter my number the recorded message says this is not a PAYG number and disconnects me, so I have no way of talking to Vodafone to see if they can help me to resolve the issue. I fully expect by tomorrow morning I will be once again disconnected from the TM network and the Vodafone user will once again be reconnected.

I am going out of my mind with this problem I have only had 26 days service in the last 106 days. I am constantly on the phone to TM support and have written to their head office twice. TM seem incapable of resolving the issue and I cannot get through to talk to Vodafone to see if they can help me, as the automated system no longer recognises my number.

As a last resort I writing this post to see if anyone within the Vodafone organisation can help me?

This is a ridiculous situation as I guess the Vodafone user is as fed up as I am at being disconnected every few weeks. I was a Vodafone customer for 25 years with no issues prior to moving to TM and now realise my mistake, though I have to live with it as my contract with TM has still more than a year to run.

Any advise will be welcomed

13 REPLIES 13

KH0

Very kind of you to jump in here and I understand what you are saying about the help you can provide.

I can tell you that there is no one more disappointed than me. When I told my story numerous times, when I finally managed to speak to people in 5 different departments the other day, they all said "well you are joking aren’t you? That’s ridiculous, I have never heard of that happening to anyone before. You sound so calm I would be so angry" to which I replied " I wish I was Joking, I sound calm because its been going on for over four months and, shouting at people isn't going to help matters, can you help me" the answer to which has been up to now "I will transfer you to someone else who may be able to help" This is the whole problem no one including TM support (who have been talking to Vodafone support for over 4 months) seem to be capable of resolving this issue. I really am at the end of my tether with this whole situation and don't really know where to go next.

Anyway to answer your question the VCR representative has not phoned me back today as promised (03/03/17 15:06). However, my mobile number was disconnected from the network just before lunch time today (for the 5th time). When I spoke to porting 2 days ago I did give them my landline number and suggested they use that. However when VCR called yesterday they used my now disconnected mobile number, and I am not sure if porting passed on my landline number.

I tried calling the number on the text from the VCR department a little while ago, but it just has a recorded message saying “we tried to contact you; we will get back to you, bye”

I do have the name of VCR representative who was dealing with this issue, though I am guessing it is not the correct thing to post any names or phone numbers here. So if that is something you could help with then I would much appreciate it.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KH0

I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us via email.

Please follow the steps in the link sent to you and we'll be happy to chase this up with the Customer Relations team.

KH0

Becca _P thank you so much for your offer to assist.

Today Sunday 5th March 2017 I received an email from Vodafone Customer Relations saying that they had investigated my complaint and the outcome was complete. They also said that they had been unable to contact me on mobile phone number. Well that made me smile, as the reason they couldn’t phone me was because I was disconnected by Vodafone when they re-activated the other customer with my number on the Vodafone network on Friday last.

Anyway the email that they sent to me also included a case reference number, a number to call, and a sincere apology for all the hassle I had suffered over the last 5 months.

I telephoned the VCR department and regurgitated the entire sorry tale from start to finish, which took a good twenty minutes of me talking, and the customer relations person listening. When I finally paused for breath at the end of my tale, the VCR person said we are very sorry this has happened, we have contacted our customer with your number, and we have issued him another mobile number, This will be a end to the matter, and you will have no further issues or reason to complain in the future!!!!! Please contact TM who will re-connect you.

I replied don't take this personally but I really want to believe what you have told me and I really do hope I never have to speak to you again about this :-}

I contacted TM after my call with VCR, who have activated a spare SIM that I had been sent for the very day things were solved. This has got me back onto the TM/Vodafone network, however, at the moment I can only receive texts and calls, but outgoing texts and calls immediately disconnect. This I assume is just a temporary glitch, well I hope so, and I will keep you posted.

I really want to thank all of you at Vodafone and individuals on this forum for your help.

If you are reading this thread because you are at your wits end with problems of your own that you cannot get resolved. Then my advice is to keep your temper and be persistent, eventually someone will listen, and help you.

Top Marks Vodafone you came through in the end, however if you had listened to your partners at TM this could have been sorted out so much quicker.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KH0

I'm really glad to hear that your issue has now been resolved :Smiling:

If for any reason you need any further assistance or advice, don't hesitate to get in contact.